Monday, March 12, 2012

Stalking the Mailbox

So I have to admit, I know patience is a virtue, but I've learned enough about myself that sometimes I think God still has to work on this area of my life over and over. You would think I would have it figured out by now that things will happen on His time table and even when I find it easy to tell others this same piece of advice, I often struggle in this area myself. (uh-huh- you know you struggle with it too if you are honest!)

So today I was starting to get a little antsy regarding our dossier timeline getting infringed upon (at least the timeline I had made up in my mind) of when I thought we would be mailing our dossier, when it might go to China, etc. I think I had set a big goal for this in my head and when I set a goal, I like to accomplish it and accomplish it well.  So at this point, I'm thinking "Do I contact USCIS to check on Nate's fingerprints- did they actually go through ok?"  My mind had a number of scenarios running through it at the time. I decided I couldn't wait any longer and decided to give USCIS a call to see who our officer was and if both of our prints had gone through ok and check the status of our immigration approval form. 

Now, I've called this number numerous times for work, but it was quite strange calling it for "our process" and when the officer answered it was somewhat surreal. I asked if they could check to see who our officer was and the status of our USCIS approval. Within a few seconds, she responded with, "Your application was approved on March 8th and has been mailed to you".  Did she say what I just think she said? At this point I'm going quick math to see if it was possible that it could arrive any day now, to which I came to the conclusion it certainly could. 

Keep in mind that my mailbox stalking that has been occurring the last several days is about to go to an all time high. Now that I know it is on the way, the mailman-mailbox stalking just went up a few levels and I'm ready to spring into action with our last form the moment I realize it arrives.

Ironically, during my lunch break I decided to leave and go and see if the mailman had brought us a present today, as I generally know when he delivers our mail. It was at this point that Nate shows up as well ironically, to share that the mailman had delivered a surprise today. 
This was the time when I found out the news and I was so excited to see this little piece of paper that you would have thought we had just won the Publisher's Clearinghouse sweepstakes or the lottery. (not that we play the lottery, but just go with it for the moment...) I don't think Nate understood the significance of the moment until I explained it, to which of course he wanted to put it on "Twitter" and had me check to make sure he was saying the right thing.  (too cute)
Needless to say, I was doing a happy dance today and then making plans to head to the Secretary of State the following day to authenticate this last document. Only two days until we send our dossier to our agency!

No comments:

Post a Comment