Monday, April 2, 2012

The big DTC day!

So the email I have been waiting to see for over two weeks finally arrived today-- our dossier is being mailed to China today and everything has been approved! This is known as DTC or "dossier to China" day. Anyone who is adopting or is involved in the adoption process is very familiar with these initials. I must admit I was getting just a little bit frustrated (yes I am human and I'm just being transparent that I, too, have frustrations at times with the nature of the process) that it was taking so long to get our dossier through review/prep at our agency and get it mailed to China. I guess I am just used to how quickly we send them out from our office, so it was just different to have to wait much longer for it to be sent and to hope that everything was correct. 

At least we can go into Easter week knowing that our paperwork just might make it to China before Easter. In light of this, I decided to break into Nate's Easter candy stash (well, the stash he doesn't know I bought for him yet - his Reese's peanut butter "eggs"...) and capture the big day-


I will say it's great to see all of our hours of work finally come to this point and to know in just a few days, our dossier will be arriving in China.  Now let's just pray that the airplane that is carrying our precious cargo has a very good pilot and that everyone who handles our "paper baby" gets it to the right place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment