Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Nursery Designs by Nate

So here we are about a week and a half after the crib has gone up and the nursery has been painted and have we settled entirely on our nursery colors? --- that would be an emphatic "No!"  For some reason, we thought this was going to be simple, really. Doesn't everyone just come up with the nursery colors easily?  Well, I have come to discover that the real issue exists with the fact that I am in love with way too many ideas, colors, designs, and crafty projects that I can't settle on one in particular. (ahem--no comments, Nate Rockey, on this sentence) I originally had thought I knew what direction we would go, but then revealed it to Nate only to realize it was "too girly". (Hmmmm...of course I would imagine this to be a typical husband response, right?)  The funny thing is that I generally don't drift towards "extremely girly colors" at all; however, since it IS a nursery and it IS for a girl, I thought I would "live life on the edge" (whoa- watch out) and go with some color schemes that were girly in moderation. So now you have it--on my first attempt I was vetoed. 

Back to the drawing board we went- literally. I began putting together some colors/ideas together for round two and there were a few Nate and I both liked, but something still wasn't quite right- it wasn't so much just colors we discussed, but also patterns. What we have decided is that we will have several colors in this room and I think we're almost there with the decision and hope to have it settled very soon. We have decided on a nursery that has some colors and items that can transition into both a toddler and a little girl's room in the future. But in fun, would you like to see some of the possibilities that I think Nate might have come up with if he were given free reign over the design? Here is a quick "room in review" of what our nursery might have looked like if Nate had been able to design it:

DESIGN OPTION #1:
Super Pink Ninja Warriors

Design by Spoonflower

...An obvious choice for a husband who trained in karate- need I say more?


DESIGN OPTION #2:
Chinook Army Helicopters

Design by Spoonflower
...They're pastel military helicopters so it's ok for a girl's room, right?


DESIGN OPTION #3:
Coffee Cafe Craze

Design by Spoonflower
...because we need to start her out young and besides, they ARE pink and purple coffee  beans.


DESIGN OPTION #4:
"Oh Deer" in Pink & Green


Design by Spoonflower


...Because we know every girl loves Bambi and what girl wouldn't want pink deer heads in her nursery?


DESIGN OPTION #5:
Ice Cream Cone Craze

Design by Spoonflower

...because everyone knows that ice cream is one of the food groups and subliminal messages regarding ice cream are always ok, right? (this pattern is actually very cute with vintage colors--but it will not be finding it's way into the main theme of the nursery- sorry)

So there you have it, what could have been. 

(**Disclaimer: Alright- Nate really didn't pick out the above patterns though I'd like to think he might have...he has actually given some good feedback in this process when asked (even though he says this part is more "my project"...haha- I guess he's not ready to play with glue guns and fabric)  

If you think nursery designing has been a fun process in our journey, wait until we share a little about our conversations that recently commenced about what to name our daughter; however, for now- we'll save that for another day. So, give us your thoughts-- any recommendations as we finalize our room colors?  We have a ton of ideas, it's time to just narrow it down to our final few.

No comments:

Post a Comment