Saturday, June 9, 2012

Anniversary Reflections- Five Years

I woke up today to a sunny and beautiful day. Today we are celebrating our five year anniversary. Looking out of the hotel window this morning, reminded me of our wedding day 5 years ago- a clear day with the most perfect blue sunny skies.  It is truly hard to believe that Nate and I have been married five years. Sometimes I feel like I've known him all of my life.
  • I'm blessed in more ways than I can express. 
  • Nate completes me and is an incredible husband and man of God. 
  • He constantly amazes me time and time again in little ways as well as in big. 
  • We are blessed to be able to do life together.
As we were leaving the hotel to head towards DC, we realized that there was a wedding take place today on the hotel lawn around the same time as our wedding had taken place on this very day 5 years ago. It was an Indian wedding and the hotel was buzzing with guests and in some ways I would have loved to have hung around to see a traditional Indian wedding take place. (Yes, I was inviting myself to this wedding-afterall, we share the same wedding date, so that would make it ok, right?) 

The women who were in the sitting areas of the lobby were all dressed in their beautiful saris- if I thought I could have actually gotten away with a few pictures I would have tried, but I think it would have been a bit too obvious and Nate might have killed me, really. 

We were a little tired this morning because last night after dinner in Georgetown, we went into the city and walked through the FDR Memorial, which is one of the most beautiful memorials in DC- particularly at night when all of the waterfalls are lit up. (it is one of my favorite places to go for several reasons- none of which are political)

 We walked from the FDR Memorial to the path that circles the Potomac River, which is beautiful right at sunset.


This is literally the perfect time to see the city change dramatically.



 There is just something so beautiful about the monuments lit up at night.



 What is generally buzzing with tourists during the day slowly starts to become a place of peacefulness. It was nice after a long day yesterday, to just find a park bench along the waterfront and just sit and reflect on life, our upcoming anniversary, and enjoy the peace and quiet. (of course I got in trouble for taking too many pictures and not just enjoying the moment- haha)

Today, since it's our anniversary, we have a full day planned which I just might have to share more on that tomorrow. I can tell you that we saw several brides today while milling around the city, which was a fun flash back to this very day for us. We passed several of the photo spots where we took post-wedding photos. Here are some of our favorite shots from our wedding and DC post-wedding shoot 5 years ago today- Enjoy!















































No comments:

Post a Comment