Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Quick Retreat

I have to say that I am just a little excited to have two days off and then the weekend. Nate and I are planning a 5 year anniversary trip and vacation for later in the year, but since our anniversary falls on this weekend and it's not exactly a week where we can get away for a more extended time period, we decided to take two days and just have a relaxing-lounging 3 days somewhat close by, but take in some new sites, restaurants, etc. and still change up the pace a bit.

Nate and I both love cities and so taking in a few days in Georgetown and the Capitol Hill area sounded like a simple short getaway.   
In lieu of it being our anniversary weekend, we thought we'd also go back to the place where we had our first date in Georgetown, DC.
We always enjoy walking along the cobblestone streets, browsing in the shops, (even though Nate doesn't quite understand how women can get enjoyment from "window shopping") walking along the waterfront, and just enjoying the culture, food, and beauty that the city has to offer. 
Have I mentioned that we both love great food and the city certainly has its fair share of incredible dining choices so we're a little excited about that... (well, maybe I'M a little excited as it means two days I can enjoy food w/out cooking it-- not that I don't like cooking because I do, I just don't have the time in my day to do all that I would sometime like to do when it comes to meal preparation- I would get far more creative if I had the time...)


With that, I'm going to sign off for today and get packed so we enjoy some down time and reflect on where life has brought us these past five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment