Saturday, July 28, 2012

It's Summer Olympic Time

I might be just a little excited about today, as it is the start of the summer Olympics in London. I just love the variety of sports represented and the stories that are so brilliantly told about the lives of athletes from around the world. It's actually one athletic competition that Nate and I enjoy watching together. I always enjoy hearing the stories full of inspiration and challenges that many athletes have faced in order to participate in the greatest competition of their lives. I can remember watching the Olympics as a child and absolutely loving every minute of gymnastics and watching Mary Lou Retton win the gold for the U.S. There have been some amazing years of both summer and winter Olympics since that time, but there is just something about the summer Olympics that I absolutely love. 


The opening ceremonies last night were pretty incredible, and as always had some interesting moments, but I still have to hand it to Beijing for hosting one of the best opening ceremonies of all time. (and it's not because we are adopting from China that I say that-- it was just the incredible creativity they used in their opening ceremonies in 2008. It was nothing short of amazing.


I am looking forward to sitting on the edge of my seat, cheering on Team USA, and hoping for a lot of gold medals. Now, if only I could just sit back all day and watch these games and not have to work-- now THAT would be the perfect summer. Enjoy watching the games!



No comments:

Post a Comment