Sunday, August 5, 2012

A Crazy Weekend- Part II


If you are just now checking out this post, but sure to read yesterday's post 'A Crazy Weekend- Part I' to get the context of this past week and our adventures on Friday and Saturday. As I had noted yesterday, Nate and I were staying with my grandma this weekend and this story picks up where it left off yesterday so be sure to read that post first before reading below) 

...I looked at my alarm and realized I could still slip in a few more minutes of sleep as I knew my alarm would be going off for that oh so exciting early morning grocery shopping trip fairly soon. I had just started to nod off when all of the sudden I hear a loud tapping on the door and my name being called repeatedly (apparently grandma was afraid I would not be up in time to get ready and get to the grocery store so was making sure I was up). Before I know it, the door suddenly flings open and she pops her head in to make sure I am awake (never mind that Nate is peacefully sleeping at this point) and she proceeds to make sure that I know what time it is (<-- insert here that I still had PLENTY of time to get ready to go to the grocery store...haha)  As if all of this wasn't funny enough, she had not yet put in her hearing aid so I'm having to yell all of this back and forth while Nate is (or rather was) sleeping beside me.  Of course, he wakes up to all of the madness and asks "what in the world is going on"?  


You might be smiling and laughing at this story right now, but I was not smiling and laughing Saturday morning before 7am as there is nothing worse to me than being abruptly woken up when you are in that "sweet zone" of drifting off to sleep (ok, so I certainly realize there really are far worse things in the world, but go with this thought for the moment) or having to carry on a somewhat coherent conversation early in the morning.(which I am certainly not good at)  At this point, I just gave up and got up and got ready to head to the grocery story.  Might I also add that the entire time that I'm getting ready in the bathroom, I can hear grandma rattling her keys in the living room knowing full well that she is sitting on the edge of her recliner, purse in hand, watching the second hand on her wall clock tick by. 
Honestly, I'm in the bathroom just trying to hold my laughter in. 

I'm happy to report that our grocery run (aside from me being slightly zombie-like) was successful. Thankfully, the rest of the day was slightly less eventful- aside from her kindly telling Nate that I was being "bossy" about how she needs to make sure she's eating, drinking and taking her medicine, etc. Of course, Nate just laughs and agrees with her (thank you, Nate, for being a supportive husband and siding with grandma) =)

Though it's always hard to see your grandparents getting older, I'm very thankful to have two wonderful godly grandmas still living and appreciate my wonderful husband who endured a crazy weekend at grandmas with a smile.

....So what did Nate and I learn this weekend:

1. You never know what might happen at grandma's
2.  There is never a dull moment at grandma's
3.  Be prepared for anything. (this includes being ready to jump out of the window in case of a fire) 

No comments:

Post a Comment